This is my first time taking care of a fish and this is what i learned…
For new fished
- If you have a new fish and a new aquarium, don’t straight away put it in the water… you need to let the water stay’s for 2-3 days for the bacteria to come because the bacteria is essential for the health of the fish.
- If you can’t wait to have your new fish… Try to use the water galon refill if available in your country or use Decholynator
- Fish only need lights 12 hours a day, so if you sleep… you should turn off the light.
Updated – 16 may 2012
How do i maintain a healthy aquarium
- Test the water
- Change the water
- freshwater – 40% every month
- reef tank – 15% every week
- saltwater – 25% every two week
To add new water
- De-chlorinate before adding
- match the temperature of the water in your aquarium
How do i take care of the filter in my aquarium
Replace carbon every 4 weeks
What supplies do i need to clean my aquarium
– algae pad
– gravel vaccum
How do I know when to clean my aquarium?
You’ll see more algae growth, water a little yellow or cloudy
How do I clean my aquarium?
Tips – replace the parts in your filter gradually to preserve the beneficial bacteria that grow there
take 40% off the water
clean the glass for algae if the decoration got algae clean it with hot water
dechlorinate the water
then refill the water