Doctors say this diet is the most effective way to improve your overall condition. This diet reduces blood pressure in those with hypertension. It reduces: Cholesterol, prevents stroke, heart failure, and brings weight down
The dash diet balances all the necessary nutrients and minerals like calcium, potassium, protein, and fiber that are responsible for brain and overall organ function.
Need to reduce your salt intake and eat certain recommended foods. Examples fruits, vegetables, grains, protein-rich foods, and dairy products.
- Drink 67 oz of fluids per day, water or green tea, and limit the tea to no more than 4 cups a day
- Try to eat 5 times per day, 1 serving should be no more than 8.8 oz, basically smaller portions but eat more often
- Limit your daily calorie intake to around 2000-2500 a day
- Control the number of sweets.
- Try to eat more cereals, seeds, beans, lean meats, and vegetables.
- You should avoid drinking soda or alcohol.
- Limit your snack to no more than 8 per day in between meals
- Reduce your salt intake to a maximum of 2-3 teaspoons a day
- Your diet should include whole-wheat bread.
- Exclude smoked or fatty foods, pickles pastries, and canned fish or meat.
If you want to get slim down your menu should contain fewer calories.
For anyone on the dash diet, you can have the following.
- cereals - no more than 7 servings per day
- fruit - no more than 5 servings a day
- vegetable - 5 serving in a day
- nonfat dairy - 2-3 servings per day
- seeds, beans, and nuts - 5 servings a week
- animal and vegetable fats - 3 servings per day
- sweet dishes - no more than 5 times a week
- fluids- 67 oz per day
- protein - 7 oz of lean meat, fish, or eggs a day is ideal.
What to avoid?
- fast food and chips, alcohol, smoked and canned food, salami, fatty meat, candies, cookies and other sweets, soda
How to plan your diet?
you can create your own menu, if your goal is to lose weight cut the amount of recommended servings.
Weight loss benefits
- First, consult with the experts
- say "no" to salty, sugary, or fatty treats
- choose recipes of dishes which will be pleasant to you
- get ready to experience some difficulties going out
- control alcohol intake
- try not to be hunger
- adapt to eat properly