Checklist Stages of my development
Some of these are optional, but these are my preferred way for development.
- debugbar - its a must, you can see query for that page and many more
- iseed - in case you need to reverse seed
- mailtrap - grabing all mail
- Css Framework - I prefer one of these, boostrap or tailwind
- Flash Session - Check all the flash session, sometimes we forget
- Icons - Now use heroicons, so you don't need to import the cdn all you need is the svg code
- Unit test - Check first if this really necessary, sometimes if you're alone and make a simple website it's unnecessary.
- Check All validations
Move to Own Request
If there's any validation in controller move them
Check all method for store & update
add validation if there's any
check form validation value
don't you just hate it when you add a form and you have to do it again. Use old().
- Refactor code - Check all the core file if there can be updated
- PHPMD - Check messy code
- PHPCS - Check code standard
- Transactional Mail - MailGun / Ses - In development you need mailtrap if in production pick one of these.
- Check All security
Route wise, If the app is for many public users use slug else just use id.
- Notification - Should this be sending email, save to db or some other channel.
- Cache - Check where can it be cached
- Sentry - Receive all error logs
- Google Analytics - Who doesn't know this products
- Ping - I've found some of the pinger websites are so expensive, need to make one.
- Backup - Spatie backup - if different host, I still don't get how to backup
If you are in a team
- CI & CD : Github Action, Semaphore, Bitbucket Pipeline
- Tag : Usually want to add facebook pixel and so on